One of the cons of writing a food blog is that you cook (obviously!) and when you cook, you eat (obviously!) and very soon you know all the food is making your trousers very difficult to fit you in. That’s a very sad realization but we have to cook and keep on cooking. So I am guessing from here on at least for some time you are going to find simple and healthy recipes. Here is the start!!
Just to mention..the bread tasted awesome!!
- Whole Wheat – 400 gms ( I used multigrain wheat widely used for making chapati)
- Dry Yeast – 1 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp
- Salt-1/2 tbsp
- Oats -1/4 cups (optional)
- Sesame seeds – to sprinkle (optional)
- Start with proofing of yeast. Dissolve yeast in luke warm water with pinch of sugar and whisk. Cover with cling film and keep in warm place for 10 minutes. Yeast will rise up.
- Add yeast, salt, honey and wheat with warm water and knead to make smooth and elastic dough. Knead for 5 to 10 minutes. Now put the dough in a greased pan, cover with cling film and let it rest for 2-3 hrs.
- Dough will rise double its size and its ready. Turn it on floured surface and shape it into rounded top. I sprinkled some sesame seeds on tops.
- Put it on greased pan and bake in preheated oven at 200’c for 20-30 minutes.