You know life is good when your friend bakes a pie or cake every time you visit and brings snack she comes over. Well here is this one yum yum snack, i am sure you too gonna love.
So here goes, Neetu with her recipe:
This nutty chewy mix is resemblant of the Indian chikki that is so popular as a snack to munch on for all ages. This snack can be prepared in under 15 minutes and if stored in air tight containers can be stored till upto 2 months. So here goes:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups plain salted popcorn
- 5 cuts honey flake cereal with oat clusters (can be substituted with any cereal of your choice)
- 1 cup peanuts
- Microwave both butters on HIGH for one minute.
- Mix the heated butter and add the marshmallows to the mix.
- oss the marshmallows and ensure that all pieces are covered with the butter, following which, microwave the mix on HIGH again for one minute.
- Add the popcorn and the cereal to this heated mixture and mix well.
- As a final addition, toss in the peanuts. Spread this mix evenly over a greased cake tin and bake at 180 degrees celsius for about 10 minutes.
- Once the baked snack is cooled, you can break it into squares and store. And voila - you have an easy crunchy yummy snack ready.