Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! don’t we all know this, sigh! A good, healthy and balanced breakfast meal can charge you for the full day. But this is the meal when we all are in most hurry and out of ideas and so we just eat whatever we can grab, pick up the keys, lock the door and get out to fight the world. This is so not healthy and fair to our body and mind. A healthy and well fed you can be way more productive and happier than starting the day with some junk or just nothing. This is where egg recipes like egg roll, omelettes, boiled eggs(soft and hard) come in handy as they are easy to prepare and take little time.
In case you workout and that too in morning, breakfast becomes even more important. A healthy breakfast helps the body to recover and prepare you for the next one. I don’t know if it is just me but i can eat a lot and i really mean a lot, after my morning runs. So if your are working our or running, very important that you have a healthy breakfast. We all know all of this, the problem is, mornings means hurry and our auto pilot minds can’t think of anything but getting to office on time or packing the kids to school. What we need is something simple but good, healthy and filling.
I often make easy and fast breakfast egg roll and thought i’ll share this with you. It has protein, good carbs and good fat.Eggs give you protein that you need. I use chapati, which is Indian flat bread, you can use tortilla or even bread but i think chapati has good carbs (See how to make roti/chapati) as it is home made, fresh and made of wheat flour and of course olive oil and butter are good fats; which you should include more in your diet. It is so quick and healthy and so easy. You can grab it like takeaway for car.
I am sharing this egg roll recipe but I will admit it comes out different every time I make it. Some times I’ll add chopped vegetables, if I have ready; spinach, mushrooms or tomatoes, anything goes with eggs actually. Sometimes I’ll put cheese, sometimes not. Sometimes I’ll put some ketchup or mustard on my chapati/tortilla; depends what you have and what you want.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Chapati/Tortilla
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper/Chili flakes to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp Olive oil & Butter
- Break eggs in a bowl, add milk, salt and pepper. I prefer chili flakes so i have used those instead.
- Whisk the eggs gently, just to mix everything, do not over do it
- In a heated pan add olive oil, when oil is heated add butter to it.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan before butter starts burning.
- Add vegetable toppings of your choice at this point. I only added onions and coriander leaves.
- Add cheese; as much as you like
- When the egg mix is still soft, put chapati/tortilla on top of it.
- In about a minute, flip it. Let chapati/Tortilla get golden brown
- Take it off the heat, make a roll of it, add ketchup or any sauce that you like and you are good to go