This super healthy Avocado and Chicken Salad had to come after blissfully loading up on Butter Chicken I posted before this. Sometimes I think salads are made with mere reason of making ourselves feel better specially after hogging on something like Butter Chicken. I still have to meet a person who truly, genuinely, honestly will order salad over a piece of cakes or pasta loaded with good cheeses. Am I wrong? what do you think?
I don’t say Salads are all bad. I believe there is time and place for every kind of food, from calories loaded cake to simple oats or salad. Sometimes you really need a salad or something light to sooth you down. So I say, even your salad needs to be delicious. Your taste buds don’t have to wail every time your mind says salad. Yes, this Avocado and Chicken Salad is one of those. This one is healthy with goodness of avocados and chicken, added with vegetables of your choice, creamy and so good to taste.
Even though I wanted to go simple, I could not resist infusing some flavors in chicken and then pan frying it so there is still good crunch left to salad. I marinated the chicken in ginger garlic paste and some spices so that chicken does not taste bland. Because I really wanted to keep it healthy, did not using any cream or mayo or fancy dressing. Simply added spices in thick yogurt and mixed avocados and chicken into it. Added some spinach, cherries, and other vegetables and it did not feel at all that we were eating a ‘Salad’. Look at that green gorgeous avocados and crispy, brown juicy chicken. Tempting!
We had good fun with this salad. Added some fresh cherries, greens, tomatoes and assembled pretty nice burgers out of it. You can add cheese if you like or any other topping or dressing. Burgers were guilt free, lip smacking good, juicy, creamy delicious.
So next time you need some thing light and healthy, you have to try this one. Easy to put together, so many variations possible and so many ways to eat it.
- 1/2 kg chicken breast
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garam masala (Optional)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup thick yogurt
- Vegetables of choice
- Clean and cut avocado in small cubes
- Add ginger garlic paste, lemon juice, salt, garam masala powder, pepper and paprika powder in chicken breast. Leave it to marinate if you have time at hand, if not let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- In a pan add some olive oil and fry chicken breast till brown and let it cool down. Cut it in cubes.
- In a large bowl, add chicken, avocados, yogurt, sliced tomatoes, spinach and other vegetables of your choice. Mix everything well and salad is ready.