The poor bananas in my kitchen were looking at me for couple of days in hope of not getting thrown to the dustbin. I knew I’ll have to make something beautifully delicious of them. For a weekday, the hectic office day, banana bread is easier choice.
This recipe is a healthier version of banana bread. We are using less of sugar and replacing some of all purpose flour with wheat flour. In fact if you want you can replace butter with any oil you like (flavorless of course). But greedy me, I love butter and chocolate chips, couldn’t leave them behind.
But you definitely can try and enjoy this healthy and tasty banana bread recipe with your tea any time of the day.
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- 2 mashed bananas (about 1 cup)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter milk
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup almond powder
- Mash the ripe banana in a bowl. Add baking powder and butter milk in it. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl add all dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix it well
- Now we come to another bowl. Whisk together butter and sugar, when mixed add egg. Mix it till the mixture is fluffy. Add vanilla extract in it and mix again. In this mixture, now add mashed banana mixture.
- Now add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture, add almonds and chocolate chips and mix it till all the ingredients have blended.
- Pour this mixture into bread pan and bake in preheated oven at 180’C for almost 40-45 minutes or till the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- When done, let it cool down for 5-10 minutes and this beautiful and delicious loaf of bread is ready to savor.