Honestly cabbage in not something I’ll go gaga about. Yeah I know how good this vegetable is but still. This would be the reason why this beautiful piece of vegetable is sitting idle for so many days in my refrigerator. As much I loved the beautiful purple colour, I had no clue what to do with it.
What can be simplest!!! Anyways I got chicken to marinate in beer so something for side is required. Why not bake this purple beauty.
I could finish all in my plate, so you know it was damm good.
Here is the simplest possible way to cook the cabbage
- Cabbage – ½ (I am using purple one, you can use what you have)
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Oregano – ½ tsp
- Chili flakes – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt- to taste
- Cut the cabbage in the big pieces or whichever way you like them in your plate. Melt the butter and add oregano, chili flakes and salt.
- Coat the cabbage pieces with the butter mix.
- In a preheated oven, bake at 180’c cook for 15-20 minutes. Depends how crunchy you like them.
- The cabbage is ready. This will work amazing as side dish for any meal. Try it out!!!